The Rovira i Virgili University is situated in Tarragona, and is located in the south of Catalonia (one of the seventeen autonomous regions within the Spanish state), in the northeastern corner of the Iberian Peninsula.
Well-connected to Europe and the rest of the peninsula, it offers easy access to two airports: one in Reus, just 5 kilometers away, and the other in Barcelona, just 95 kilometers away.
Tarragona is linked to the rest of Catalonia, Spain and to Europe by three major motorways: The C-32 Motorway between Barcelona to El Vendrell, the Mediterranean Motorway (AP-7), which runs from the French border at La Jonquera to Alicante province and the south of Spain, and the North Motorway (AP-2) that links the Basque Country with Barcelona and the North of Catalonia.
How to arrive:
Mainly low cost flights operate into Reus. If you fly into Reus you can either take a bus or a taxi from the airport to Tarragona, which is just 14 km away.
Barcelona International Airport
The majority of international flights arrive at terminal T1 in Barcelona airport. Some low cost companies still fly into terminal T2.
From the airport you can travel to Tarragona by: bus or taxi (*)
* Taxis are always available just outside the arrival area of the airport. The actual price is 130 Euros. Please confirm this price with the taxi driver before you travel.
- From Barcelona. Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Barcelona. Motorway C-32 and Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Valencia. Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Zaragoza. Motorway AP-2. Exit 9, Montblanc
PARKING: Campus Catalunya URV, (Venue XXXII GEQO). Fares: 1,10€/h (max. 11€). Weekly fare (7 days unlimited: 16,10€ (ask for it, in the ticket-house at the parking entrance)
The current timetable offers a direct bus from the airport to Tarragona every 2 hours.
The actual price of a one way ticket is13 Euros
If you arrive at terminal T1 you must take the shuttle bus to terminal T2 train station, to go to the Barcelona Sants station.
From the Barcelona Sants station you can take a:
- Regional train direct to Tarragona city station.
- High speed train to the Tarragona Camp station which is outside the city. From here you should take a taxi to Tarragona (20 minutes and 30 euros).
35 % discount for XXXII GEQO Conference attendees. Download the autorization. (It is necessary to print it and submit it at the access control)
The offer is valid for all trains and all national journeys to travel back and forth, not combinable with other commercial deals.
Learn how to manage the ticket purchase discount here.