How to get to Tarragona
The Universitat Rovira i Virgili is situated in Tarragona and is located in the south of Catalonia, in the northeastern corner of the Iberian Peninsula.
Well-connected to Europe and the rest of the peninsula, it offers easy access to two airports: one in Reus, just 14 kilometers away, and the other in Barcelona, just 95 kilometers away.
Venue: Universitat Rovira i Virgili. Campus Catalunya, Avinguda Catalunya 35,43002 Tarragona
How to arrive:
Mainly low cost flights operate into Reus. If you fly into Reus you can either take a bus or a taxi from the airport to Tarragona, which is just 14 km away.
Barcelona International Airport
The majority of international flights arrive at terminal T1 in Barcelona airport. Some low cost companies fly into terminal T2.
From the airport you can travel to Tarragona by train, bus or taxi (*)
* Taxis are always available just outside the arrival area of the airport. The current price is around 150 Euros. Please confirm this price with the taxi driver before you travel.
- From Barcelona. Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Barcelona. Motorway C-32 and Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Valencia. Motorway AP-7. Exit 33 Tarragona
- From Zaragoza. Motorway AP-2. Exit 9, Montblanc
The most convenient way to get to Tarragona from Barcelona airport is the direct bus, run by the Plana company. The price of a ticket is approximately € 14.00.
Check the current timetables for the bus service.
Tarragona has two train stations. The first is located in the city centre and offers links to regional trains, as well as national and internal long-distance trains (to Valencia, Andalucia, Madrid and France). The second, located just 15 minutes from the centre, is the "Camp de Tarragona" High-Speed Train (AVE) Station, which opened its doors on 19 December 2006 and entails a major improvement in Tarragona's connections to the exterior, as well as its connection to Spain's high-performance lines. The new station gives rise to a wide range of rail links to Barcelona, Lleida, Saragossa, Madrid, Cordova, Seville and, soon, all Europe.
Communication to / from Tarragona is direct by:
- Bus: the company PLANA carries out the bus transport service from the “Camp de Tarragona” station to Tarragona bus station.
- Taxi: From “Camp de Tarragona” station to Tarragona: AGRUPACIÓN TAXI ESTACIÓN CAMP DE TARRAGONA: 616 34 77 75